Forum: Projects
Topic: 3 Phase Variable Frequency Drive VFD with F103
Replies: 59
Views: 2038

Re: 3 Phase Variable Frequency Drive VFD with F103

dannyf wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:00 pm
why use 3 tables when 1 can do?
Many years ago (probably around 1990) I remember that the programmers only used the first 90 degrees of one sinewave in a table to create three phases.
by fredbox
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 am
Topic: WWVB timecode from blue pill
Replies: 19
Views: 340

Re: WWVB timecode from blue pill

The capacitor in parallel with my loopstick antenna is 4700pf. Most trimmer caps are < 100pf. The peak at resonance is fairly broad and not too critical. I wrote a small program to sweep the frequency above and below 60Khz while watching a scope to note the resonant frequency. As long as you get it ...
by fredbox
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:51 pm
Topic: WWVB timecode from blue pill
Replies: 19
Views: 340

WWVB timecode from blue pill

The last couple of months I have worked on a circuit to use a blue pill to create a time signal to set my atomic clocks. Atomic clocks in the US are set from 60 khz time signal that is broadcast from Colorado on 60Khz. That signal is supposed to be fairly strong, but there is enough RF interference ...
by fredbox
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:19 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Square wave output from timer pin
Replies: 39
Views: 1338

Re: Square wave output from timer pin

After editing stlink_upload.bat to change set str=%4 to set str=%3, upload now works on Windows 10. This is possibly the same issue that Roger fixed here: https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... issues/584
by fredbox
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:45 pm

Installing the Visual C++ 2010 runtime files from Microsoft resolves the DLL missing error but st-link upload still fails with "unable to load file."
by fredbox
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:03 pm

Open a command window and navigate to the folder that contains ST-LINK_CLI.exe. See if you can run this program from a command prompt. On my fresh W10 install, I get an error about two missing DLLs. There are probably MSVC runtime files that need to be installed. From Arduino, I see the same error m...
by fredbox
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:09 pm

I normally use Linux Mint, but today I installed W10 on a spare hard drive followed by a fresh install of Arduino and the STM core from the board manager. The test program using pwm_start compiled to 9868 bytes in W10.
by fredbox
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:27 am

You should also install Arduino SAM Boards from the boards manager, I show v1.6.12 installed.
by fredbox
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Your screen capture is from Library Manager - the one I posted was Boards Manager. See https://github.com/stm32duino/Arduino_Core_STM32 Getting Started This repo is available as a package usable with Arduino Boards Manager. Use this link in the "Additional Boards Managers URLs" field: https://github...