Search found 231 matches

by flyboy74
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 pm
Forum: All other boards
Topic: New CPU+GPU+MPU chips from ST!
Replies: 35
Views: 1226

Re: New CPU+GPU+MPU chips from ST!

I like it! Where do I get one? I really like the idea of arm cortex-a7 combined with an ARM cortex-m4. Personally, I think it is much more powerful than just combining a Raspberry PI and an off the shelf cortex-m board. The biggest advantage this board has is the MPUs and MCU are on the same die sh...
by flyboy74
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:43 am
Forum: Builds and Announcements
Topic: Site will be read only from Saturday 27th April
Replies: 128
Views: 6340

Re: Site will be read only from Saturday 27th April

I pay $7AUD per year for my domain name My wife takes care of my business website and email hosting plan. We upgraded to a fast band width becuase we are planning on adding an e-shop soon and was advised we would need a much bigger plan than the basic plan we were on. We signed up to the new plan fo...
by flyboy74
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:38 am

And just what needs to be continued?
Maintaining an environment (forum) in which we can connect learn and share ideas.

I learn so much by just reading others questions and seeing other projects inspire me to create similar things.
by flyboy74
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: DRV8825 stepper current
Replies: 8
Views: 502

Re: DRV8825 stepper current

I have always had a heat sink on them. They arrive from China with supplied heat sink. DRV8825.jpg I have found with the heat sink but without fan the max current that I can get is about 1amp as I add lots of capacitance on power supply and a fan directly on the heat sink then I can get max of 1.5am...
by flyboy74
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 pm

imho stm32 has pretty much become as important as one of the 'mainstreams' if you consider that china even bother to clone the chips not many mcus share this level of recognition around the world. and i think stm32 is one of the best documented mcu an effort that i think st deserve an applaud consi...
by flyboy74
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:31 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: DRV8825 stepper current
Replies: 8
Views: 502

Re: DRV8825 stepper current

The current shunt resistor is not necessarily the same on clones as it is on the Pololu or other 'branded' boards. Also the voltage divider for setting the reference voltage may be different too. I would check those components on your boards. Don't trust *any* documentation provided by Chinese supp...
by flyboy74
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 pm
Forum: Projects
Topic: 5x5x5 Rubik's Cube solving robot
Replies: 25
Views: 1276

Re: 5x5x5 Rubik's Cube solving robot

There is certainly scope for reducing gripper travel. In the beginning I wasn't worried about speed just wanted to make it work without colliding. I have mainly been working on optimizing the movements so that I wasn't doing any extra movements that wasn't needed. I don't think there is much more sc...
by flyboy74
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Nice, much smoother! I am finding lots of problems with using really cheap drv8825 step sticks from aliexpress. They don't seem to get remotely close to the specs in the ti datasheet. The DRV8825 chip gets ever hot at even quite low currents then the stepping becomes unstable. I found increasing ca...
by flyboy74
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:58 pm

I have spent a bit if time optimizing the robot it is now solving the cube in 4:45mins. see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD4bG8hPYLQ&feature;=youtu.be I uploaded the code that runs on the robot to GitHub https://github.com/OutOfTheBots/5x5x5_cube_robot I will also upload the DXF files for cutting ...
by flyboy74
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:08 am
Forum: STM32F4 Boards
Topic: tiny stm32 F4 boards
Replies: 114
Views: 12963

Re: tiny stm32 F4 boards

I also have that board but paid less for it. It is bigger in size than the FK407M1 but it does have a much higher precision 25Mhz crystal and also it has some SPI flash but I assume SPI flash is becoming old school if you have SD card(much bigger faster flash storage)