Search found 76 matches

by robca
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 pm
Forum: Postbag
Topic: TS100 Digital Portable Soldering Iron...
Replies: 3
Views: 367

Re: TS100 Digital Portable Soldering Iron...

Not to promote a specific seller, but one of the best sources for TS100 is Banggood, usually cheaper than Aliexpress (and no tax on US shipments, unlike eBay and Aliexpress now) https://www.banggood.com/MINI-TS100-Digital-OLED-Programmable-Interface-DC-5525-Soldering-Iron-Station-Built-in-STM32-Chip...
by robca
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 pm
Forum: STM Core
Topic: Introducing the new Arduino core for STM32
Replies: 32
Views: 10159

Re: Introducing the new Arduino core for STM32

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll wait patiently for the DFU option, I'm good at that ;) Not sure if it will use the HID option for F4 or native DFU, though. In the F4, the HID bootloader uses 16Kb of flash, even if it's mitigated by the fact that the F4 has plenty of flash anyway compared to the F1...
by robca
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:44 am
Forum: STM Core
Topic: Introducing the new Arduino core for STM32
Replies: 32
Views: 10159

Re: Introducing the new Arduino core for STM32

I just installed the latest Arduino 1.8.8 on a computer and decided to try out the ST cores for my existing STM32 projects, and I have two questions: Is the DFU upload available? In platform.txt I only see mass storage, St Link, Serial and Black Magic Probe (nice, depending on the board capabilities...
by robca
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:25 pm
Forum: STM32F4 Boards
Topic: Help identifying a capacitor value on STM32F407VGT6
Replies: 7
Views: 319

Re: Help identifying a capacitor value on STM32F407VGT6

In my case it was actually (poorly) soldered, but ripped off at some point before I received the board. I can see the component impression on the solder pads Unfortunately there's no easy way to measure a capacitor in circuit. I got confused by the fact that you can measure the ESR of a capacitor in...
by robca
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:10 am
Forum: Builds and Announcements
Topic: Site will be read only from Saturday 27th April
Replies: 128
Views: 6334

Re: Site will be read only from Saturday 27th April

Quite a few people refuse to have a Facebook account, though. On Facebook, the privacy tradeoffs are really bad
by robca
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:05 am

Re: Help identifying a capacitor value on STM32F407VGT6

Thanks for your reply. I did measure the impression the capacitor left on the motherboard, and it's 99% a 1206. The width is not enough to be a 1210, even considering some amount of edge rounding Originally I thought it might be a 10uf or even 22uf (both are available in 1206), but you are right, th...
by robca
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Help identifying a capacitor value on STM32F407VGT6

I have one of the black eBay STM32F407VGT6 boards (working) and I just noticed that a capacitor is missing (see picture) STM32F407-VGT development board.jpg According to the PCB marking (under the component), it's C12, and according to a schematics I found, should be 100nF, which makes no sense (too...
by robca
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 pm
Forum: Black Magic Probe & other
Topic: Compiling latest BMP on Windows for ST Link V2
Replies: 6
Views: 690

Re: Compiling latest BMP on Windows for ST Link V2

I'm using this thread as a "brain dump" of all the issues I'm finding in Windows with BMP, to help others While I can do pretty much anything using the Windows Subsystem for Linux (aka bash shell), it looks as if serial port support is still pretty flaky, and there's a problem using GDB in the WSL u...
by robca
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Good news: everything worked, ended up with a blackmagic.bin and blackmagic_dfu.bin Meanwhile I found what I wanted all along: precompiled binaries. I didn't notice, but in the BMP wiki, under Upgrade, there's a link to the automated nightly builds http://builds.blacksphere.co.nz/blackmagic/ where y...
by robca
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:21 pm

If you have win10, enable bash support then you will be able to build, I guess. My main machine is on Windows 7, but I have a Windows 10 PC which I use rarely. I installed the Linux subsystem there, plus Ubuntu and a few apt-get later I have (finally) a working environment Makefile works, but now I...